5 Days / 4 Nights tour Marrakech to Merzouga Desert
Day 1: Marrakech - Tizi -n-Tichka - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Dades Valley/Gorges
We will you pick up from your hotel/riad and start our journey from Marrakech to Dades Gorges. Across the Tizi-n-Tichka Atlas pass, with far-reaching views across the mountains, to the traditional High Atlas Berber village of Telouet and we continue to Ait Benhaddou to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou, a spectacular fortified village (Ksour). We will have lunch at Ait benhaddou or Ouarzazate and continue to Dades valley, we will spend the night in a riad/hotel in the Dades Gorges.
DAY 2: Dades Gorges - Tenghir - Todra Gorges - Tinjdad - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga
After breakfast, we go from DADES to Toudra gorges, Tenghir and to the Sahara desert of Merzouga, berber villages are scattered along the way. We’ll pass through Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud where we’ll start to feel the air of the Saharan oasis of Tafilalet then we continue to Merzouga, a night in a riad/Hotel near the dunes.
DAY 3: Tour around Erg Chebbi Desert by 4×4 - Merzouga - Camel Ride & Night in Desert
After breakfast at the hotel/riad, there are many options available to you:
- You may go to explore the neighboring villages of Merzouga such as Hassi Labied, Khamlia where you can hear the black musicians from Mali.
- You may also enjoy an offroad drive around the dunes of Erg Chebbi and see the nomads living in tents in the desert and have lunch with a nomad family - berber pizza. In the afternoon we will ride the camels to see the sunset over the dunes and spend the night in the desert camp. We will have a traditional tagine dinner, drink delicious mint tea, listen to traditional berber music while watching the stars and the rising moon in the amazing Sahara desert.
DAY 4: Merzouga - Draa valley- Ouarzazate
Morning departure on 4X4 WD through Rissani (Alaouite dynasty cradle) and the immense Bougafer mountain. Lunch in N’Kob (first village on the way). Afternoon excursion on the one-thousand- kasbahs road (alongside the trail to enjoy the best part of Draa r valley). Arrival in Ouarzazate in the late evening. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
DAY 5: Ouarzazate - Berber Villages - Back to Marrakech trough Tizi-n-Tichka
Leaving Ouarzazate in the morning, we will visit the majestic Atlas Mountains. Cross the High Atlas Mountains via the highest road pass in Morocco - Tizni Tichka 2260m high, offering impressive views of valleys, mountains and many Berber villages nearby. Arrive in Marrakech in the evening.
- Private trip.
- Driver and english speaking guide.
- Transfer to airport (return).
- 4x4 transport with air conditioning.
- Specific visits in the tour.
- Camel excursion and night in the desert tents.
- Half board hotel (drinks not included).
- Entrance tickets